Raisina-Dialogue the three day Flagship Programme on Geopolitics and Geo-economics began in New Delhi. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj set the tone for the conference by addressing Inauguration session.
- There was a common idea among participants that A Lack of political will, mistrust and poor regional security are the biggest barriers in the way of fully economically Integrated South Asian Region.
- Raisina Dialogue a joint initiative of Ministry of External Affairs and Observer Research Foundation.
- Former Sri Lankan President Chandrika Kumaratunga, former Afghan President Hamid Karzai and the Bangladeshi foreign Minister Mahmood Ali those who shared chair with External Affairs Minister Sushma in the Inauguration Ceremony of the Dialogue.
- Kumaratunga said South Asia one of the 2 most violent regions in the world and emphasized India-Pakistan tensions for holding regional peace for the last 70 years.
- The conference is attended by speakers from 40 countries, also to explore prospects and opportunities for Asian integration as well as Asia’s Integration with the whole world.
- She also emphasized China’s role in the region with the more positive view and said all countries could benefit from doing business with them.
Observer Research Foundation:
- The Research body formed in 1990.
- It is an Independent think tank based in This think tank is an organisation that performs research and advocacy including Social policy and economics.
- It is ranked 8th best Think-Tank in Asia.
- The conference is attended by speakers from 40 countries. It is designed to explore prospects and opportunities for Asian integration as well as Asia’s integration with the whole world.
- RA Addressing the opening session External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj set the tone for the conference.