Name of the International Technical Conference – “Rail Coach Interiors: Innovation, Safety, Comfort”
Organised By :
Institute of Rolling Stock Engineers(IRSE)
Indian Railways service of Mechanical Engineers Association(IRSMEA),
Supported By :
Indian Railways and RITES
Date and Location : 9th October and 10th October 2015,New Delhi
Main Themes of the conference :
- Air-conditioning & train lighting system
- Ergonomic Rail Coach layouts and amenities
- Financing models for interior upgradation of coaches
- Hygiene friendly coach toilets and amenities
- Innovative materials for interior furnishing and coatings
- Passenger Safety, Security and Accessibility systems
- Tourist, Service Coaches and equipments
- Coach toilets with optimized space and modern fittings
- Dustbins and garbage storage and disposal system
- Pest and Rodent control measures
Countries Attending the Conference :
Indian Railways have a total fleet of 62000 coaches (approx.) running in around 12600 trains and carries over 25 million passengers daily. To meet growing expectations of the passengers for comfort and safety, there is need to upgrade interiors of Indian Railway (IR) coaches for better comfort and safety through use of innovative materials and designs. Majority fleet on Indian Railway coaches is non-air-conditioned which poses different challenges in their interior designs. These coaches traverse the length and breadth of the country with varying climatic conditions. This would require adaptation of proven products and technologies under IR operating conditions. New ideas and concepts also need to be tried out.
Research Designs and Standards Organisation (RDSO) is the R & D arm of Indian Railways located at Lucknow responsible for R and D works in all railway related disciplines and leads the process of technology induction. Working directly under Ministry of Railways, it is also responsible for standardization of all railway systems on Indian Railways.
RITES Ltd. is a Government of India Enterprise under the aegis of Indian Railways. An ISO 9001-2008 company, RITES is a multi-disciplinary consultancy organization in the field of transport, infrastructure and related technologies.