Reserve Bank of India‘s Governor Raghuram Rajan has been named ‘Governor of the Year’ by Central Banking Awards for 2015. The awards are announced by Central Banking Publications. Rajan was awarded for his disciplined and focused approach to bring macroeconomic stability in India.
Central Banking Awards for 2015
- Central Bank of the Year award: The Reserve Bank of New Zealand
- Governor of the Year Award: Raghuram Rajan, RBI Governor
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Jacques de Larosiere, former Governor of the Banque de France
- Economics in Central Banking: Claudio Borio, head of the monetary and economic department at the Bank for International Settlements.
Knowledge is Wealth
- The Chairman of the Central Banking Awards Committee and editor of Central Banking Journal is Christopher Jeffery.
- Raghuram Rajan is the 23rd Governor of RBI.
- Rajan was the Chief Economist at the International Monetary Fund (20013 – 2006).
- Rajan was conferred the Best Central Bank Governor award for 2014 by Euromoney Magazine.
- Rajn succeeded Dr D Subbarao as the Governor of RBI.