Miami open tournament that has been taking place from March 20th, 2017 has witnessed a wonderful game of the season in which Rafel Nadal has came out with a winning note against 31st seeded player, German veteran Philipp Kohlschreiber. With this win he has registered a win in his 1000th match which is very big achievement in his career.
- It was a hard fought win in which Nadal has failed to win a game in the first set of an ATP tour match since 2008. He bounced back in his second set with 6-2 and won the match with the final score 0-6, 6-2, 6-3.It was his 822nd career victory.
- With this match he joins the prestigious list of 11 players headed by Jimmy Connors (1,535) to have played at least 1,000 matches.
About Rafel Nadal
- Rafael Nadal Parera, is left-handed tennis player from Spain was born on 3 June 1986. He made his debut as a pro in 2001.
- Currently ranking at 7th, he had been ranked 1st in the year 2008.
- He has also won gold medal representing Spain in the 2008 Beijing (singles) and 2016 Rio de Janerio (doubles).
- He holds a career record of 69 titles with 14 Grand Slam titles.
About Miami Open
Miami open also called as Miami Masters, held in Key Biscayne, Florida, an island town just off the coast of Miami.
- Founded in the year 1985, it is played on hard courts.
- The winner in the year 1985 was Tim Mayotte from USA for men’s and Martina Navratilova from USA for women’s
List of player with most number of matches
|S.NO||NAME AND COUNTRY||NO OF MATCHES|
|1||Jimmy Connors (United States)||1535|
|2||Roger Federer (Switzerland)||1341|
|3||Ivan Lendl (Czechoslovakia)||1310|
|4||Guillermo Vilas (Argentina)||1215|
|5||Andre Agassi(United States)||1144|
|6||John McEnroe (United States)||1075|
|7||Stefan Edberg (Sweden)||1071|
|9||RAFEL NADAL (SPAIN)||1000|
|10||Pete Sampras (United States)||975|
|11||Novak Djokovic (Serbia and Montenegro)||880|