According to the QS Graduate Employability Ranking for 2017, IIT Kharagpur has been ranked as the top institution in the country for the second successive year. The IIT Kharagpur has been placed at the highest position among Indian Institutions with a rank ranging between 81-90, from a list of 300 Universities from all over the world.
IIT Kharagpur :
- The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur or IIT KGP) is a public engineering institution established by the Government of India in 1951.
- It was one of the first IITs to be established, and is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
- Among all IITs, IIT Kharagpur has the largest campus of 2,100 acres, highest number of departments, and the highest student enrollment.
- IIT Kharagpur provides degree to nearly 2,500 students each year and has a successful track record of placement of students from the graduating batches enrolling for campus placement.
- IIT KGP emphasizes on nurturing employer-student relationship through special internship programmes and corporate relations programmes.
- The institute focuses on project based learning which gives exposure to industry needs and problem solving attitude and adds value to the overall aptitude and performance of the students in the process of recruitment.
Other universities in the rank ranging between 81-90 with IIT Kharagpur includes Georgetown University, Lancaster University, Pennsylvania State University, Queensland University of Technology, University of Illinois, Chicago and University of Liverpool.
- IIT Bombay was also was listed in the top 100 Universities of the World after IIT Kharagpur, and are the only Indian Universities to be placed among top 100 Universities of the World in the ranking list.
- Other Indian institutions among the top 300 QS Graduate Employability Ranking are IIT Madras, IIT Delhi and University of Delhi.
The top 5 Universities ranked globally includes:
|2||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||USA|
|4||The University of Sydney||Australia|
|5||University of Cambridge||UK|
QS Graduate Employability Ranking
The Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Graduate Employability Ranking designed and commissioned by French Human Resources Consulting Agency ‘Emerging’ and carried out by the German market research firm Trendence since 2014, is a ranking system which ranks the world’s top 300 universities to analyze the links between university teaching and research practices and graduate employability.
- The QS Graduate Employability Rankings is an initiative intended to design a new approach for evaluating employability in university rankings.
- The ranking shows the best universities for getting a job.
- Universities are judged on parameters such as employer reputation, partnerships with employers, presence of employers on campus, and alumni outcomes apart from graduate employment rates.