Government of Punjab to begin the process of issuing 303074 pre-active cashless Farmers Health Insurance Cards under Bhagat Puran Singh Sehat BimaYojna in the maiden phase of project.
- This Scheme enable farmers and their families to get health cover up to Rs 50,000 for their treatment and compensation of Rs 5 Lakhs in case of death of the head of the family or any circumstances which may cause 100% disability to that person.
- This scheme comes from the government to safeguard farmers, there were many farmer’s suicide from Maharashtra and other parts of the country.
- Punjab has the second highest number of farmers’s suicide cases after Maharashtra.A simple study point out that about 30% of 1,690 suicide cases in 10 states during 2015 has been reported in the state.
Punjab CM approves Rs 750 crore for roads
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal approved Rs 750 crore for the repair and strengthening of 6500 km link road in the State.
- The government directed to the officers of Public Works Department to ensure the construction as early as possible.
- The project of connecting all towns and cities to the lane roads were going on war footing and the repair, broadening and refurbishment of link road work should be executed on full swing.
- Over 56 % of construction under this project have been finished while the remaining work would also be finished within specified time.