On January 11, 2021, Punjab Cabinet led by Chief Minister Captain Amarinder singh approved the ‘One Time Settlement (OTS) Scheme for Recovery of Outstanding Dues – 2021’ for Traders to clear their Pending Arrears.
- The OTS will help Traders to settle their Pending arrears under the Punjab Value Added Tax Act, 2005 & Central Sales Tax Act, 1956.
- It will cost around INR 121.06 Crore to the Punjab Government.
- Will benefit Small & Medium Business Dealers/Traders who suffered due to COVID-19.
- Dealers who have filed assessments upto December 31, 2020 can apply under the scheme till April 30, 2021.
Relief & Penalty:
Based on assessments conducted for 2013-14, around 40, 000 plus dealers with demand of up to INR 1 Lakh will get 90% relief in Tax & 100 % relief in Interest & Penalty.
- They will pay 10% of due tax & zero amount on account of interest or penalty.
- The 40, 000 plus dealers will deposit only INR 6.70 Crore against the Total demand of INR 90.52 Crore
- In Addition, 4, 755 dealers with demands ranging from INR 1-5 Lakh would get 100% relief in Interest & Penalty in assessments conducted for the year 2013-14.
- Similarly, arrears of demand pertaining to Financial Years from 2005-06 to 2012-13 would get 90% tax relief & 100% relief in Interest & Penalty.
Recent Related News:
i.July 24, 2020, Punjab Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Amarinder Singh approved a USD 285.71 million (over Rs 2,130 crore) project for canal-based water supply for Amritsar and Ludhiana cities through video conferencing.
RAMSAR Site – Beas Conservation Reserve, Harike Lake, Kanjli Wetland
Dam – Ranjit Sagar Dam