Initiator: Empowered Steering Committee (ESC) of the National Ganga River Basin Authority (NGRBA).
- For Development of Ghats and crematoria in the stretch from Haridwar to Uttarakhand Border in Uttarakhand, Garhmukteshwar in UP, Buxar, Hajipur and Sonepur of Bihar, Sahibganj, Rajmahal and Kanhaiya Ghat of Jharkhand and Delhi .
- Afforestation along the banks of river Ganga.
Duration : 5 years
Estimated Cost: The total estimated cost of the projects is Rs. 2446 crore
Steps taken: To improve the facilities of Ghats and crematoria for reduction of pollution load into river Ganga.
Sponsorship: Namami Gange scheme and Government of India with fullfledged intention.
ESC also evaluated the Detailed Project Report on ‘Forestry Intervention in River Ganga’.
- Focus on augmenting water flow together with abating the pollutants loads of river Ganga. through appropriate forestry intervention along the banks of river Ganga.
- Implementation of Forestry Interventions in Five States at the banks of River Ganga.
- Strengthening Knowledge Management and National Capacity for Forestry Interventions.
- Conservation of Rivers.
- Reproducing of successful models of Forestry interventions and Riverscape.
- Chaired by Secretary, Ministry of Water Resources
- River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
- Members from the Ministries of Environment and Forests, Finance
- Urban Development and Power and State Governments of the five Ganga Basin States