The Bollywood Actress Priyanka Chopra won her second People’s Choice Award for Favourite Dramatic TV Actress at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, California on January 18, 2017.
- Priyanka won for her role as CIA agent Alex Parrish in the ABC thriller TV series Quantico. She defeated her ABC counterparts Ellen Pompeo, Kerry Washington, Taraji P. Henson, and Viola Davis to win the Favourite Dramatic TV Actress award.
About Priyanka Chopra
Priyanka Chopra is an Indian actress, singer, film producer, philanthropist born on July 18, 1982 in Jamshedpur, Bihar (now in Jharkhand).
- At the age of thirteen Priyanka moved to the United States to pursue her studies but after three years she returned to India and finished her senior year of her high-school education at the Army Public School in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh.
- During her schooling period Priyanka won the local “May Queen” beauty pageant. She got her first break in films after winning Miss India World in 2000.
- The 34-year-old actress who will soon be seen in Hollywood flick Baywatch, co-starring Zac Efron and Dwayne Johnson, later took to social media to thank her fans.
Awards & Recognitions
2000: She participated in the Femina Miss India contest of 2000 and won the Femina Miss India World title.
- She was also crowned the Miss World Continental Queen of Beauty—Asia & Oceania at the Millennium Dome in London on 30 November 2000.
- 2002: Got her first debut role in the movie romantic thriller Humraaz (2002).
- 2003-3015: She received 5 Filmfare Award including Best Female Debut for Andaaz (2003), Best Performance in a Negative Role for Aitraaz (2004), Best Actress for Fashion (2008), Critics Award for Best Actress for 7 Khoon Maaf (2011), and Best Supporting Actress for Bajirao Mastani (2015).
- 2008: Received a National Film Award for Best Actress for Fashion (2008)
- 2015: She began starring as Alex Parrish on the ABC thriller series Quantico, becoming the first South Asian woman to headline an American network series.
- 2016: She received the People’s Choice Award for “Favourite Actress in A New TV Series” for Quantico, making her the first South Asian actress to win a People’s Choice Award.
- She was also awarded the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, by the Government of India.
About People’s Choice Awards
The People’s Choice Awards is an American award show that recognizes the people and the work of popular culture, voted on by the general public.
- The show was created by Bob Stivers and has been held annually since 1975.
- The first ceremony in 1975 had 14 categories. In 2016, 65 categories were established.
- The People’s Choice Awards is broadcast on CBS and is produced by Procter & Gamble and Mark Burnett.