Actress Priyanka Chopra will be bestowed with Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation’s Best Actress of the Year Award.The ceremony will be held on the 147th Dadasaheb Phalke Jayanti in Mumbai on April 24.
- This will be the second award from the Foundation after she received her first one for Most Memorable Performance in 2011 for her role in Vishal Bhardwaj’s
- Priyanka started her Bollywood career in 2003 with The Hero, Love Story of a Spy in 2003. The film also starred actors Sunny Deol and Preity Zinta.
- In the same year, she also starred in Andaaz, co-starring Akshay Kumar and Lara Dutta.
- Priyanka Chopra has also been awarded with Padma Shri this year. She also became the first South Asian actor to win People’s Choice Awards for her American TV show Quantico.
- Priyanka will soon make her debut in Hollywood with Baywatch co-starring Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron.
- The Dadasaheb Phalke Award is India’s highest award in cinema.The first recipient of the award was actress Devika Rani.
- Shashi Kapoor is the 46th recipient of Dada SahebPhalke Award in 2015