Priyanka Chopra has become the first Indian star to enter the Forbes list of highest paid television actresses in the world.
Forbes Highest Paid List:-
- Colombian-American actress Sofia Vergara topped Forbes magazine’s annual list of best paid television actresses for the fifth year in a row, earning $43 million.
The top 10 highly paid actress as follows,
In all, the 15 highest-paid female stars of the small screen made a combined $208.5 million between June 2015 and June 2016 —$43.5 more than last year’s combined total of $165 million.
- This increase can be chalked up to some new lucrative endorsement deals like Vergara’s with the Ninja Coffee Bar and Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ with Old Navy.
- New to the list is Priyanka Chopra, who stars on ABC’s Quantico. While Chopra may be relatively new to an American audience, she is one of the most famous faces in India.
- In the past year, she has starred in two Bollywood mega films (Bajirao Mastani and Jai Gangaajal) and will take her big-screen talent stateside later this year with one of the lead roles in Baywatch alongside Hollywood heavy-hitters including Dwayne Johnson, the world’s highest-paid actor.
But like most television actresses her millions are not made from screen time alone. Chopra is one of India’s top picks for advertisers, recently winning a seven-figure deal with sparkling juice brand Appy Fizz.
About Priyanka Chopra :
Priyanka Chopra is an Indian actress, singer, philanthropist, and the winner of the Miss World 2000 One of the highest-paid actresses in the world and one of India’s most popular celebrities, Chopra has also gained recognition for her sense of style.
- She has receivednumerous awards, including a National Film Award, and five Filmfare Awards, and was awarded the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, by the Government of India in 2016. That same year, Time named her as one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
- Although Chopra initially aspired to study engineering orpsychiatry, she accepted offers to join the Indian film industry, which came as a result of her pageant wins, making her Hindi film debut in The Hero in 2003.
- She played the leading lady in the box-office hitsAndaaz(2003) and Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004), and earned praise for her breakout role in the 2004 thriller Aitraaz.
- In 2006, Chopra established herself as a leading actress of Indian cinema with starring roles in the top-grossing productions Krrish and Don. Following a brief setback, she received critical acclaim for playing a troubled model in the drama Fashion (2008), which won her the National Film Award for Best Actress and the Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
- Chopra subsequently gained recognition for her versatility in portraying a range of unconventional characters in the films Kaminey (2009), 7 Khoon Maaf (2011), Barfi! (2012), Mary Kom (2014), Dil Dhadakne Do (2015), and Bajirao Mastani (2015), all of which garnered her critical acclaim and several accolades.
- In addition to her acting career, Chopra is noted for her philanthropic work, and was appointed as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights in 2010. She promotes various causes such as environment, health and education, and women’s rights, and is particularly vocal about gender equality, and gender pay gap.
- Though she is reticent to discuss her personal life in public, her off-screen life is the subject of substantial media coverage. As a singer, she has released three singles. Chopra is also the founder of the production company Purple Pebble Pictures.