Prime Minister Shri.Narendra Modi Visit Azamgarh, Mirzapur and his parliamentary constituency Varanasi in Eastern Uttar Pradesh for 2 days on 14th & 15th of July.
PM lays Foundation Stone for Poorvanchal Expressway in Azamgarh
- On July 14,2018, The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid the Foundation Stone of the Poorvanchal Expressway in Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh.
- It is a 340 kilometer long that would provide swifter connectivity between Delhi and Ghazipur.
- The expressway will be linked with the 302 km-long Lucknow-Agra Expressway and 165 km-long Yamuna Expressway from Agra to Delhi.
- The total network of expressways will be over 800 km after completion.
- The estimated cost of this project is Rs.23000 crore.
- For the project the UP govt has got a loan of Rs 12,000 crore from Punjab National Bank.
- The project is aimed to be completed by 2021.
Prime Minister’s arrival in Varanasi
On July 14,2018, The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated projects cumulatively worth over Rs. 900 crore, in Varanasi.
Varanasi City Gas Distribution Project
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today dedicated to the nation the Varanasi City Gas Distribution (CGD) network and Piped Natural Gas(PNG)services under PM’s Urja Ganga pipeline.
- It will supply environment friendly natural gas to the city’s households, transport sector and industries.
- This network is being implemented by GAIL (India) Limited by making a 28km pipeline and it covers 1,535 sq km .
- The cost of the project is Rs.755 crore.
- A total of 20 CNG stations are to be built under this of which 2 has been completed.
- This would enable 20,000 vehicles to use CNG in the city.
- The CGD network will also cover four industrial areas and can cater to 150 industries and 500 commercial enterprises.
- This project will give direct employment to 1000 people.
- Piped Natural Gas (PNG) connection work for 8,000 houses will be implemented by March 2019.
- Overall about 1 lakh houses would be covered via this scheme.
Under Varanasi convention centre:
- The project’s name is ‘Rudraksh’ Varanasi International Cooperation and Convention centre.
- It is a Rs.186 crore project to be built by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
- This was launched by Japanese PM Shinzo Abe during his visit in 2015.
Under Panchkoshi Parikrama Marg:
PM inaugurated the start of the Panchkoshi Parikrama Marg that would cost Rs.97 crore.
Under Smart City Mission
- PM Modi launched development projects worth nearly Rs. 1,000 crore for the city.
- Varanasi will host Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas on Jan 21-23,2019.
Under Namaami Gange programme:
- 200 projects worth Rs 21,000 crore have been approved for Ganga cleanliness and to ensure waste from the cities are not dumped in the river.
- This would include cleanliness drive from Gangotri to Gangasagar.
Other announcements in Varanasi:
Prime Minister flagged off the Varanasi-Ballia MEMU train.
Prime Minister’s visit in Mirzapur
- On July 15,2018, The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi launched the Bansagar Canal Project in Mirzapur .
- It is an irrigation project which will be beneficial for the farmers of Mirzapur and Allahabad districts of Uttar Pradesh.
- PM Modi laid the Foundation Stone of the Mirzapur Medical College.
- He inaugurated 100 Jan Aushadhi Kendras in the State.
- He also laid foundation of 229-crore project of widening the Mirzapur-Allahabad national highway.
- He also dedicated a bridge over the River Ganga at Balughat, Chunar, which will facilitate connectivity between Mirzapur and Varanasi.
♦ Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath.
♦ Governor: Ram Naik.
♦ National Parks: Dudhwa National Park, Philibit Tiger Reserve , Sandi Bird Sanctuary.
♦ UNESCO Heritage Site: Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri.
|Lucknow||City of Nawabs, City of Gardens.|
|Kanpur||Land of Ganga, Manchester of the East|
|Varanasi||The City of Ghats|
|Allahabad||Sangam City, City of Prime Ministers, Abode of Gods, King of Pilgrims.|