Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi has been ranked among the top 10 most powerful people in the world by Forbes.Modi ranked 9th on the Forbes list of 74 Most Powerful People in the World. Forbes said that India’s populist prime minister is hugely popular in his country of 1.3 billion people.
- The list was topped by Russian President Vladimir Putin for a consecutive fourth year while U.S. President-elect Donald Trump was ranked second and German Chancellor, Angela Merkel bagged third position in the Forbes list.
Top 10 Most Popular People List
|2||Donald Trump||United States|
|5||Pope Francis||Roman Catholic Church|
|6||Janet Yellen||United States|
|7||Bill Gates||United States|
|8||Larry Page||Alphabet, United States|
|10||Mark Zuckerberg||United States, Facebook|
The list also includes French President Francois Hollande (23), Apple CEO Tim Cook (32), Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani (38), North Korean leader Kim Jong-un (43), US President Obama (48), Microsoft’s India-born CEO Satya Nadella(51), ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi (57) among others
Awards and Recognitions of PM Modi
- In March 2012, PM Modi appeared on the cover of the Asian edition of Time.
- In 2014 Mr Modi was awarded Indian of the year by CNN-IBN news network. In 2014 and 2015 he was named among Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World.
- He was also declared winner of the Time magazine reader’s poll for Person of the yearin 2014 and 2016.
- Forbes Magazine ranked him the 15th-most-powerful person in the worldin 2014 and the 9th-most-powerful person in the world in 2015 and 2016 again.
- In 2015, Modi was listed in Time’s “30 most influential people on the Internet” as the second-most-followed politician on Twitter and Facebook.
- Again in 2015 he was ranked fifth on Fortune magazine’s first annual list of ‘World’s Greatest Leaders
Forbes’ Most Powerful People Ranking
Forbes’ annual ranking of the World’s Most Powerful People list identifies one person out of every 100 million whose actions mean the most and represent’s the magazine’s best guess about who will matter in the year to come.
- The magazine judges candidates on four criteria: the number of people they have power over, the financial resources they manage, the different “spheres” of activity that they have power in, and active use of power.
Alphabet’s Larry Page Ranked Top in Forbes’ Most Powerful CEO
Larry Page, CEO of Google’s parent company Alphabet’s has been named as the world’s most powerful CEO by Forbes, with his company having a market capitalisation of over $550 billion.
- Under Page, Alphabet is seeking to deliver major advancements in a variety of industries.
- In November 2016, Page was named as the 12th richest person in the world, with an estimated net worth of US$36.9 billion.
Others Names in the List Includes
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg with market capitalization of $340 billion
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos with market capitalization of $361 billion
- Warren Buffet of Berkshire Hathaway with $409 billion
- Jamie Dimon of JPMorgan Chase with $ 303 billion
- Tesla’s Elon Musk and Walmart’s Doug McMillon have also featured on the list.
Forbes’ Most Powerful CEO 2016
- 2016 Forbes’ world’s most powerful CEO list consists of 28 members who serve as chief executives of major companies, with businesses capital worth trillions of dollars altogether.
- The top ten of those CEOs—all of whom are American—run firms with a combined market cap of $3 trillion.