Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Yojana was inaugurated by Shri Narendra Modi through video conferencing for migrant workers of Uttarpradesh. The local entrepreneurship will be promoted along with providing employment opportunities to migrant workers.
- This is the largest employment generating program in the country which provided employment to about 1.25 crore people in Uttar Pradesh.
- Maintaining ‘Do Gaj Ki Doori’ and covering face mask are the best precautions until a vaccine is found.
- The UP government provided free rations to the poor and migrant workers under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana, even for people without ration cards.
- About 5000 crore rupees were directly transferred to Jan Dhan accounts of 75 lakh poor women of UP.
- The PM has announced many reforms in sectors like agriculture, livestock and dairy sector.
- The scheme is launched in 31 districts with more than 25000 returnees.
Note:- The Kushinagar airport is an international airport recently approved by the cabinet.
About Uttar Pradesh:
Chief Minister: Yogi Adhitya Nath
Governor: Anandiben Patel