- WHAT – SMART MODEL VILLAGE PILOT PROJECT
- WHEN – JULY 2, 2016
- WHERE – RASHTRAPATHI BHAVAN, NEW DELHI
- BY WHOM – HONOURABLE PRESIDENT PRANAB MUKHERJEE
- TO WHOM – THE GRAM PANCHAYATS
- FOR WHAT – RESTRUCTURING THE RURAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND REDIFINING THE RURAL ECONOMY
As a next step in transforming India, president unveiled a new scheme called SMART MODEL VILLAGE PILOT PROJECT. In a country like India which comprises of 6 lakh villages, the economic development of the country mainly depends on the economic standards of the rural population. In order to achieve a holistic development, president has unveiled this dream project on Saturday.
WHAT THIS SMART MODEL VILLAGE SCHEME ACCENTUATES?
Smart village is nothing but a contemporary model village in which a stack of services and goods are being rendered to the rural population in an efficient and effective manner.
Out of these 6 lakh villages nearly 1.25 lakh villages really backward, a recent by the NSS( NATIONAL SAMPLE SURVEY) report says. In order to transform this condition this new scheme has been introduced. The core areas which are going to get transformed through this scheme are :-
- Health care
- Water resources
- Provision retailing
All these above mentioned services are rendered to the rural population through “ computing, communication and information technologies”.
This scheme mainly emphasize on strategic & integrated planning of the rural infrastructure and development which is the need of the hour to boost our Indian economy.
Being a pilot project it is now introduced in five village panchayats of Haryana. they are listed as follows:-
- DHAULA, ALIPUR, HARICHANDPUR, AND TAJ NAGAR IN GURAGON DISTRICT
- ROJKA MEO IN MEWAT DISTRICT OF HARYANA.
Other important representatives presented on the dais :-
- Shri. Manohar Lal Khattar, CM of Haryana
- Shri chaudhary birendir singh (Rajya Shaba MP), Union minister for rural development
- In this initiative Sarpanches (sar – head, panchas – members) of these village panchayats were invited by the President’s estate (Rashtrapathi Bhavan).