President Pranab Mukherjee conferred the Infosys Prizes in New Delhi for the year 2015.The prize was felicitated to six winners for their outstanding contribution in the research fields.
- These six winners are Umesh Waghmare, Jonardon Ganeri, Amit Sharma, Mahan Maharaj, G. Ravindra Kumar and Srinath Raghavan.
The fields of these winners are
- Engineering and Computer Science to Umesh V Waghmare he is Professor at Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research Bangalore.
- Humanities to Jonardon Ganeri he is Professor at Global Network and Visiting Professor of Philosophy, New York University and Recurrent Visiting Professor, Department of Philosophy, King’s College London.
- Life Science to Amit Sharma he is Professor and Head at Structural and Computational Biology group at international center for Genetic Engineering & Biology (ICGEB), New Delhi.
- Mathematical Sciences to Mahan Mj he is Professor at Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University TIFR Mumbai.
- Physical Sciences to G. Ravindra Kumar he is Professor at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.
- Social Sciences to Srinath Raghavan he is Professor at Center for Policy Research, New Delhi.
- They are awarded with a reward of 65 lakh, a 22-carat gold medallion and a citation certificate.
About Infosys Prize
- Infosys Prize is an annual award given to scientists, researchers, engineers and social scientists in India by the Infosys Science Foundation.
- This is one of the highest monetary awards in India to recognize scientific research.
- The Prize is given to six categories and these are Engineering and Computer Science, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences and the
- The prize for each category includes a gold medallion, a citation certificate, and prize money of Rs. 55 Lakh (over US$90000).