India’s First Cooperative society in Information Technology:
- President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated UL Cyber Park under the Uralungal Labour Contract Cooperative Society in Kozhikode, Kerala.
- The park to come in 25 acre land and the estimated cost of 270 crore at Nellikode in Kozhikode district.
- The IT Park will provide Direct Employment to 4500 people in the first phase, indirect employment to 20,000 people, the park will export IT solutions and products to United States and
- The IT business bring turnover of 500 crore in the next five years.
Uralungal Labour Contract Cooperative Society:
- The cooperative society launched in 1925 in Vadakara Kozhikode by 14 members. The inauguration of Cyber Park also marks a golden section in the 90 years ULCCS history.
- The Cyber Park build at 82 lakh square feet 10 story building was in compliance with LEED Golden Standards for green buildings.
- Kerala Government empowered the ULCCS as direct agency to undertake works without tender notice.
Kerala Tourism’s Muziris Heritage Project
- President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the first phase of Kerala Tourism’s Muziris Heritage Project at the International Research and convention Centre, Kodungalloor.
- Muziris is an ancient port in the state and still holds beauty that is filled with history and culture.
- This project aims to create awareness and understanding of the cultural distinctiveness and diversity of Muziris and to promote sustainable development.
- Muziris project compromises the best of Heritage tourism and to bring economic benefits to the local people as well as knowledge to tourists about the ancient place.
- The project envisages Spice route initiative of the state with the help of UNESCO to recover historic trade ties with 41 countries.
Highlights of the Project:
- The first Green Project of the Kerala Government. Also being largest Heritage conservation project.
- More than 25 museums to come up to raise the value of Muziris Heritage.
- A research institution to support the project.