President Pranab Mukherjee conferred the National Geoscience Awards 2014 at a function to be held at RashtrapatiBhavan in New Delhi.
- All the Awardees were bestowed for their achievements in various areas for the year 2014.
- 33 geoscientists received the National Geoscience Awards (NGA 2014) tomorrow which includes one Award for Excellence, one Young Scientist Award and 19 individual and / or team awards in 16 fields of geosciences.
- Professor Ashok Kumar Singhvi was conferred with the highest honour National Geoscience Award for Excellence for his outstanding contributions in the field of sedimentary technologies.
- While Dr IndraSekharSen have awarded with Young Scientist Award, Along with him, 31 other geoscientists were being given the awards in 13 Various Disciplines.
Geoscience Awards Scheme:
- These are the prestigious award were instituted in 1966 in the field of Geosciences in the country.
- The National Geoscience Awards, previously known as the National Mineral Awards, India citizens who is a professionally qualified geo-scientist or engineer or technologist or academician with significant contribution in any field of earth sciences is eligible.
Ministry of Mines:
- Cabinet Minister: Narendra Singh Toma
- Minster of State: VishnudeoSai.