The President of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee has presented the Dr. Ambedkar National Awards.
Dr. Ambedkar National Awards has been given for outstanding contribution to the promotion of social understanding and for the upliftment of weaker sections of the society.
- The award has given for the years 2011, 2012 and 2014 on May 26, 2017 in New Delhi.
- The President congratulated the winners of Dr. Ambedkar National Awards.
The winners of Dr. Ambedkar National Awards Professorare as follows:
- S K Thorat, a well-known scholar
- Samta Sainik Dal’ a non-political organization founded by Dr. Ambedkar
- Amar Sewa Sangam an institution working in the field of empowering differently abled persons.
- Shri BabuLal Nirmal, a social activist from Rajasthan.
All of them have done tremendous work in furthering the vision of Bharat Ratna.Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, which was to create a society in which everybody is treated equally irrespective of his or her caste, community, status or belief.
- The President congratulated Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, ShriThawar Chand Gehlot and his colleagues for working to those people who are in needand mobilizing social forces to ensure that all can enjoy the fruits of development.
- The President quoted Dr. Ambedkar and said “Political democracy cannot last unless there lies at the base of it social democracy”.
- He also stated that Dr. Ambedkar’s vision of liberty, equality and social justice found appropriate place in our Constitution.
- Dr. Ambedkar has promoted positive actions to bring the disadvantaged sections in the mainstream.
- He puts a lot of emphasis on removing social injustice.