On May 25,2018, The Union Minister of Human Resources and Development Mr. Prakash Javedekar launched the “ Samagra Shiksha “scheme .
This scheme is targeted towards providing education from pre-school till class 12.
This will maintain quality of education, involvement of recent practices and inclusion of technology for the empowerment of students and teachers.
Salient Features of “Samagra Shiksha “scheme :
This scheme promises to increase the budgetary allotment for school education by 20% for the upcoming year.
- This scheme will consist of the three components considered earlier for school education . They are : Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA),Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) and Teacher Traning .
- The budget has been enhanced for school education from Rs. 28000 crore from 2017-18 to Rs. 34000 crore from 2018-19. And it would be further increased to Rs. 41000 crore in 2019-2020.
- The number of schools to be benefitted by this scheme is : 11,50,000.
- The amount granted will be : Rs. 5000 for primary, Rs. 10000 for upper primary & Rs. 25000 for SSC and HSC schools.
- Another scheme called “ Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidhyalaya Scheme “ has been extended from class 6-8 to class 6-12 for providing educational and hostel facilities to the girl child from disadvantageous sections of society.
- An annual grant of Rs. 5000 to Rs. 20000 would be given for strengthening libraries of the schools.
- “DIKSHA”– the national digital platform for teachers would put high quality teaching learning resources for ready use of teachers. The Scheme will support ‘Operation Digital Board’ in all secondary schools over a period of 5 years, so as to enhance the use of digital technology through smart classrooms, digital boards and DTH channels. The Digital initiatives like ShaalaKosh, Shagun, ShaalaSaarthi will be strengthened.
About Sarva shiksha Abhiyan:
This scheme has been operational since 2000-01 by the then PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee. IT aims to provide universal primary and elementary education to every child of the age group of 6-14 years as mandated by the 86th amendment of the constitution of India.
About Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan :
This scheme was launched in 2009 and it aims to enhance the registration of students for secondary education from 52% to 75% and to ensure proper educational opportunities given to students belonging to age group of 15-16 years.