Union Minister of State for Culture & Tourism (Independent charge) Prahlad Singh Patel virtually inaugurated the first golf course of Mizoram i.e. “Thenzawl Golf Resort” Project, implemented under the Swadesh Darshan (SD) Scheme of Ministry of Tourism, from New Delhi.
- The Project was sanctioned under the “Integrated Development of New Eco Tourism” of Swadesh Darshan project and was constructed by Edufice Infraservices Private Limited of New Delhi.
- It should be noted that the centre has sanctioned Rs.92.25 Crore for development of the North East Circuit at Thenzawl & South Zote, District Serchhip and Reiek, Mizoram out of which an amount of Rs.64.48 Crore was sanctioned for various components at Thenzawl including the Golf Course.
- India has more than 230 golf courses in all.
About Thenzawl Golf Resort:
The Golf Course at Thenzawl is designed by Graham Cooke and Associates, a Canada based Golf Course architectural firm, which is at par with international standards. The total site area is 105 acres and the play area is 75 acres, where there is 18 Hole Golf Course with Sharing Fairway and automated sprinkler irrigation system by Rain Bird, USA (United States of America).
- There are also 30 Eco log huts with the woods imported from Russia.
- This golf resort will provide quality golfing experience and international facilities at a fair price.
Other Participants at virtual ceremony: Tourism Minister of Mizoram, Robert Romawia Royte and Commissioner and Secretary for Tourism Department of Government of Mizoram, Smt. Esther Lal Ruatkimi.
About Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
The Ministry of Tourism (MoT), Government of India has formulated a plan scheme Swadesh Darshan for integrated development of tourist circuits around specific themes. This scheme was launched with an objective to develop 13 theme-based tourist circuits in the country.
Recent Related News:
On May 23, 2020, Mizoram state cabinet cleared the proposal of the Sports and Youth Service department to grant sports an industry status to boost the sports sector, generate employment, increase value of sports & to attract private companies to invest in sports which will benefit in terms of subsidy, loans and concessions. It becomes the 1st state to do so.
Chief Minister (CM)– Zoramthanga
Governor– P.S Sreedharan Pillai