On June 5, 2020, as a part of World Environment Day (WED) celebrations, Minister of State (IC) (Power, New & Renewable Energy) Raj Kumar Singh has initiated the “#iCommit” Campaign for building an energy resilient future.
- This initiative is headed by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), under the administration of the Ministry of Power.
How will #iCommit work?
This initiative aims towards the enhancement of the energy system by involving governments, corporates, multilateral and bilateral organisations, Think Tanks, and individuals. But to meet this objective of energy access and security for all, it is essential to have a flexible and agile power system. Therefore, #iCommit focuses on the innovative changes in the current power system including decentralised solar and electric vehicles, among others through the collaboration between all stakeholders.
Promotion of Government Undertakings:
It will also promote key undertakings of Government of India viz.
- National Electric Mobility Mission Plan (NEMMP)2020,
- Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME) 1 and 2
- Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY)
- Saubhagya Scheme
- Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojna (UDAY)
- Atal Distribution system Improvement Yojna (AJAY),
- Smart Meter National Programme (SMNP)
- Pradhan MantraiKisan Urja Suraksha evam UtthanMahaabhiya (PM-KUSUM)
- Solar Parks
- Grid Connected Rooftop
- Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LED (light-emitting diode) for All (UJALA)
- Atal Jyoti Yojna (AJAY)
It is a Joint Venture (JV)of four reputed public-sector undertakings – NTPC (formerly National Thermal Power Corporation) Limited, Power Finance Corporation (PFC) Limited, REC (formerly Rural Electrification Corporation Limited) Limited, and POWERGRID Corporation of India Limited.
Chairman– Rajeev Sharma
Managing Director (MD)– Saurabh Kumar