Navratna Company has commissioned a record Rs 30,300 crore projects in the last fiscal and also achieved a planned capex of Rs 22,500 crore.
- State run Electric power Transmission Company PowerGrid, runs under the Ministry of Power, commissioned transmission projects worth Rs 30,300 crore during 2015-16.
- This is the highest-ever commissioning achieved by the company in its history. The company also achieved the planned capex of Rs 22,500 crore.
- Commissioning includes the establishment of two new international inter-connections one with Nepal and the other with Bangladesh.
- The inter-connection with Nepal to Muzaffarpur (Bihar) to Dhalkebar (Nepal) transmission line was jointly dedicated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Nepal, KP Sharma Oli in February 2016.
- The second inter-connection with Bangladesh Surjyamani nagar (Tripura) to Comilla (Bangladesh) transmission line was jointly dedicated by both nations.
- During the fiscal 2015-16, tenders for transmission projects worth more than Rs 50,000 crore were released, setting a new benchmark for highest-ever tenders in a single year by the company.
- Power grid has also awarded contracts for 270 packages worth Rs 22,000 crore and investment approvals for projects worth Rs 13,200 crore were undertaken.
Power Grid Corporation of India
- Gurgaon based Power grid transmits about 50% of the total power generated in India on its transmission network.
- The Company conferred the status of Navratna by the Government of India in May 2008.
- The number of PSUs with Navratna status in the country now stands at 16.