Politician NK Singh will be awarded with Japan’s Second Highest national award for his contribution towards Indo-Japan economic relations over 10 years more.
- He was formerly served as a Bureaucrat
The Award: ‘The Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star’
Conferred by: Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
Venue: Imperial Palace in Tokyo
Date: on May 10
Delegates: Audience with Emperor Akihito who is the reigning Emperor of Japan
Japan government announced the award and expressed that award was conferred for the honour in recognition of the “Catalytic role”played by him in the maintenance of Indo-Japanese economic relations for the years.
About NK Singh:
Full name: Nand Kishore Singh (N. K. Singh) hails from Calcutta
- Served as a politician, economist and former Indian Administrative Service officer and also a senior Member of the BharatiyaJanata Party (BJP)
- Served as a Member of Parliament in the RajyaSabha (2008-2014) from Bihar
- Member Planning Commission and handled assignments of Union Expenditure and Revenue Secretary and Additional Secretary Economic Affairs connected with International organisations like World Bank, IMF and UNDP
- He was also Principal Secretary to Prime Minister A.B. Vajpayee
- In Japan he served during the investment decision of Maruti-Suzuki and Other automobile companies into Japan
About the Award:
The Order of the Rising Sun is a Japanese Government honor
- Established: 1875
- Founded by: Emperor Meiji
- The order is being given to non-Japanese starting from 1981.