The front runner programme of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) has completed 10 lakh enrolments.
- As per the recent announcement, there are 10, 28,671 enrolments under 382 active job roles out of which 70% have already completed their trainings.
The scheme has been implemented by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in all over Indian covering 596 districts and 531 constituencies. To educate and encourage the youth to avail the scheme, 410 Kaushal Vikas Shivirs were conducted across the country.
- States with maximum enrolment under scheme – Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal and Andhra Pradesh
- Sectors with maximum enrolment under scheme – Logistics (135615), Agriculture (90489), Electronics (82903), Beauty and Wellness (72316), Retail (65901) and Automotive (61846)
About Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
Initiated by PM Modi on 15 July 2015 (World Youth Skills Day) is the India’s largest skill certification and monetary reward scheme.
- The scheme is dealing with 29 sectors in which around 566 job roles have been identified, that envisages to make youth more employable with hands on experience on skills.
- It aims to offer 24 lakh Indian youth meaningful, industry relevant, skill based training.
The trainees will be offered a financial reward and a government certification on successful completion of training and assessment, which will help them in securing a job for a better future.