Prime Minister Narendra Modi Selects his own Varanasi constituency village Nagepur for development under Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana.
- This Village Nagepur selected after Jayapur village of the same constituency is going to be adopted by the Prime Minister’s in order to develop India.
- A village dominated by backward casted has been selected under the second phase of the Yojana.
- The Office of Varanasi Chief Development officer received letter from PMO regarding Selection of Nagepur Village, and CDO asked Districts officials to submit a primary survey report of Nagepur by March 20.
Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana:
- The Program launched by the Prime Minister on October 11 2014 at VigyanBhavan in New Delhi.
- AIM: From the Inspiration from Mahatma Gandhi that Developing villages will develop India. PM has set a goal that by 2016, all MPs must target to institute one model village in his/ her constituency.
- This Program with the goal of improving the physical and institutional infrastructure in a holistic way that is centred on village community.
- No funds are allocated to this Yojana, However funds are collected from various existing schemes are
- Indira Awas Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
- Mahamta Gandhi National Rural Employment Scheme.
- CSR initiatives, Panchayats Revenue.