Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on a two-day visit to Gujarat on 16th and 17th April, 2017. During this visit, he inaugurated many projects across the state.
PM inaugurates Multi-Speciality Hospital, Diamond Manufacturing Unit in Surat
On April 17, 2017, PM Modi inaugurated the Kiran Multispeciality Hospital and Research Center in Surat. It is a state-of-the-art hospital built by a private trust – SAMAST PATIDAR AAROGYA TRUST – at cost of Rs. 500 crore. This hospital is open for all patients, not only from Gujarat but also from all over India.
- Thereafter, PM Modi inaugurated a diamond manufacturing/polishing unit of Hari Krishna Export Pvt. Limited in Ichhapur district.
- While addressing the gathering at the inauguration of diamond unit, PM Modi said that in context of gems and jewellery sector, the goal should not only be ‘Make In India’ but also be expanded to ‘Design In India’.
PM inaugurates Cattle Feed Plant at Bajipura, Gujarat
At Bajipura village in Tapi district of Gujarat, PM Modi inaugurated a fully automated cattle feed plant of SUMUL Dairy.
- He also inaugurated an ice-cream plant and laid the foundation stone for dairy products plant at Nava Pardi.
- Surat District Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union Ltd (SUMUL) is one among the 17 district unions that are part of the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd, the marketers of AMUL brand of products.
- In Tapi, PM Modi also laid the Foundation Stone for three Lift Irrigation Schemes, and inaugurated the Drinking Water Supply Scheme for towns in the district.
PM launches projects related to SAUNI Yojana at Botad
In Botad district of Gujarat, PM Modi inaugurated Phase-I of Link 2 pipeline canal of the ambitious Saurashtra-Narmada Avtaran Irrigation (SAUNI) Yojana by formally releasing the Narmada water in Krushna Sagar Lake.
- He also laid the foundation stone for Phase – II of Link 2 pipeline.
- SAUNI Yojana: The aim of this yojana is to divert excess over flowing flood water of River Narmada to 115 water starved reservoirs of eleven districts in Saurashtra region of Gujarat by constructing 1126 km long four link pipelines.
PM Modi visits Dadra and Nagar Haveli, inaugurates various projects
During his Gujarat visit, PM Modi also visited Silvassa – the capital of Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
- In Silvassa, PM inaugurated Passport Seva Kendra, Jan Aushadhi Kendra and Solar Photo Voltaic Plant.
- He also also distributed aids and assistive Devices to Divyangjans, and sanctioned letters to beneficiaries of various Govt. schemes.