Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi visited Gujarat and Tamil Nadu on July 28 and 29, 2022. During his visit, he inaugurated and laid the foundation stones for numerous Sabar Dairy projects in Gujarat, including Gadhoda Chowki and Sabarkantha, and then travelled to Chennai to declare open the 44th Chess Olympiad 2022 at the Jawaharlal Nehru (JLN) Indoor Stadium in Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN).
PM Narendra Modi Inaugurates & Lays Foundation Stone of Multiple Projects of Sabar Dairy in Sabarkantha, Gujarat
On July 28, 2022, PM Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid the foundation stone for a number of projects totaling more than Rs. 1,000 crores at Sabar Dairy in Gadhoda Chowki, Sabarkantha, Gujarat. Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel, CM of Gujarat, was also present during the occasion.
- Sabar Dairy is a part of the Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF), which produces and sells milk and milk products under the Amul brand.
Projects Launched at Sabar Dairy in Gujarat
i. Powder Plant
ii.Aseptic Milk Packaging Plant
iii. Sabar Cheese & Whey Drying Plant Project
Details of the Projects:
i. The PM inaugurated the Powder Plant at Sabar Dairy, which has a daily capacity of about 120 metric tonnes (MTPD).
- The project’s overall cost is more than Rs. 300 crores.
- The plant’s design complies with international requirements for food safety. It has almost zero emissions and is very energy-efficient. It also has a modern, fully automated bulk packing line.
ii.The PM also inaugurated the Aseptic Milk Packaging Plant at Sabar Dairy, a cutting-edge facility with a capacity of 3 lakh litres per day.
- The project has been executed with a total investment of around Rs. 125 crores.
- The factory uses cutting-edge automation technology that is energy-efficient and environmentally friendly. The project will help ensure better remuneration to milk producers.
iii. In addition, the Prime Minister also laid the groundwork for the Sabar Cheese & Whey Drying Plant Project.
- The estimated outlay of the project is around Rs. 600 crores.
- The Plant will manufacture Cheddar Cheese (20 MTPD), Mozzarella Cheese (10 MTPD) and Processed Cheese (16 MTPD).
- Whey generated during manufacturing of cheese shall also be dried at Whey Drying Plant, having capacity of 40 MTPD.
Note: The Government has declared the birth anniversary of Bhagwan Birsa Munda on November 15th as Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas.
PM Modi Launches India’s First International Bullion Exchange in Gandhinagar, Gujarat
On July 29, 2022, PM Narendra Modi launched the India International Bullion Exchange (IIBX), India’s first International Bullion Exchange in GIFT-IFSC and the NSE IFSC-SGX Connect in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- He also laid the foundation stone of the headquarters building of the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) in GIFT City, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
CM of Gujarat Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel, Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Union and State Ministers, diplomats, business leaders were among those present on the occasion.
GIFT City is India’s first International Financial Services Center (IFSC) and is designed to serve as an integrated hub for integrated technology and financial services.
International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA)
IFSCA is the unified regulator for the development and regulation of financial products, financial services, and financial institutions in International Financial Services Centres (IFSCs) in India.
- The building has been designed as an iconic structure to reflect the GIFT- IFSC’s rising prominence and reputation as a premier International Financial Centre.
- The IFSCA has been established under the International Financial Services Centres Authority Act, 2019.
India International Bullion Exchange (IIBX)
IIBX will promote efficient price discovery with the assurance of responsible sourcing and quality, apart from accelerating the financialisation of gold in India.
- It will enable India to reclaim its rightful place in the global bullion market and to provide quality and integrity to the global value chain.
- IIBX also affirms the Government of India’s commitment to giving India the ability to influence global bullion prices as a principal consumer.
NSE IFSC-SGX Connect
The NSE IFSC-SGX Connect is a framework between the NSE’s subsidiary in the GIFT-IFSC and the Singapore Exchange Limited (SGX).
- Indonesia, South Africa and the UK are partner countries in the first edition of the Forum.
Under Connect, the NSE-IFSC order matching and trading platform will be used for matching and routing all orders on NIFTY derivatives placed by members of the Singapore Exchange.
- It is envisaged that many broker-dealers from India and other international jurisdictions will trade derivatives through Connect.
- It will enhance the liquidity of GIFT-IFSC derivative markets, bringing in more foreign investors and improving the GIFT-IFSC financial ecosystem.
- According to reports, India is the second-largest consumer of the precious metal – Gold.
- In 2021, India bought 1,069 tonnes of gold, up from 430 tonnes in 2020.
- China continues to be the world’s highest gold consumer.
PM Modi Declares 44th Chess Olympiad 2022 Open in Chennai, Tamil Nadu
On July 28, PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the 44th Chess Olympiad 2022 at the Jawaharlal Nehru (JLN) Indoor Stadium in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, (TN).
- The 44th Chess Olympiad 2022 is being held in Chennai from July 28 to August 9, 2022, at a hotel in Mamalapuram (Mahabalipuram), TN.
Ravindra Narayana Ravi, Governor TN, Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Shri M. K. Stalin, Union Minister Shri Anurag Singh Thakur and Shri L Murugan, President of International Chess Federation (FIDE), Mr Arkady Dvorkovich were also present on occasion.
- On June 19, 2022, the PM lit the inaugural Chess Olympiad 2022 Torch Relay at the Indira Gandhi National Stadium in New Delhi, Delhi.
- The torch travelled to 75 iconic spots in India over the course of 40 days, covering about 20,000 kilometres and concluding in Mamalapuram (Mahabalipuram) before heading to the FIDE Headquarters in Switzerland.
44th Chess Olympiad: A Tournament of Many Firsts and Records
i. The Chess Olympiad 2022, which has been held annually since 1927, will take place in Asia for the first time in 30 years and in India for the first time.The first Chess Olympiad was held in London,United Kingdom.
ii.The Chess Olympiad 2022 will have the most participants ever, representing 187 nations.
- India also has the largest contingent in the competition, comprising 30 players across 6 teams.
iii. In 2022, the first ever Chess Olympiad Torch Relay has begun.
PM Narendra Modi Addresses 42nd Convocation of Anna University, Chennai, TN
On July 29, 2022, PM Narendra Modi attended the 42nd Convocation of the Anna University in Chennai, TN, together with Ravindra Narayana Ravi, Governor of TN, M. K. Stalin, CM of TN and Union Minister L. Murugan.
- The PM presented certificates and gold medals to 69 gold medalists during the event.
Anna University was established on 4 September 1978. It is named after C. N. Annadurai, the former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
- It has 13 Constituent Colleges, 494 Affiliated Colleges spread over Tamil Nadu and 3 Regional Campuses – Tirunelveli, Madurai and Coimbatore.
- India has emerged as the second-largest mobile phone manufacturer in the world with a 126% jump in production from Financial Year (FY) 2021 to FY22.
- India has recorded the highest ever annual Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflow of USD 83.57 billion in the Financial Year 2021-22.
Chief Minister – Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel
Zoological Park – Sakkarbaug zoo, Junagadh; Dr. Shyamaprasad Mukherjee Zoological Garden (Sarthana Nature Park), Surat
Airports – Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Ahmedabad; Dholera International Airport, Dholera