On February 16, 2021, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually laid the foundation stone for Construction of Statue & Memorial for Maharaja Suheldev Memorial at Bahraich, Uttar Pradesh (UP). He also laid the foundation stone for development works around the Chittaura Lake in Bahraich, UP.
- A Bronze Statue of 40 feet of Maharaja Suheldev will be set up in the memorial which will also contain facilities like park, auditorium, parking and others.
- The Chittaura Lake will be enhanced further with construction and beautification of ghats and stairs.
- The works are aimed at improving the Tourism sector in the area.
- The event marked the 112th Birth Anniversary Celebration of Maharaja Suheldev.
Prime Minister also inaugurated the medical College building named after Maharaja Suheldev.
PM Modi virtually unveiled the programmes for the beautification of Shravasti, Chittaura Lake, and Bahraich on the occasion.
PM Calls for making India a hub for spiritual and wellness tourism.
- Maharaja Suheldev is an Indian King from Shravasti (A City of Ancient India).
- He is remembered for defeating Ghaznavid General Ghazi Saiyyad Salar Masud, nephew of Mahmud of Ghazni at Bahraich during the 11th Century (1034 CE).
- 2 years ago, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had released a stamp commemorating Maharaja Suheldev .
Celebration of 75 Years of Shri Ram Chandra Mission
On February 16, 2021 Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed an event held to commemorate 75 years of Shri Ram Chandra Mission (SRCM)
- He underlined Shri Ram Chandra Mission’s role in popularizing Yoga across the world.
- He also underscored the importance of Yoga in fighting lifestyle related diseases such as diabetes, Heart Disease & COVID-19.
Shri Ram Chandra Mission (SRCM)
SRCM is a non-profit organization in India which teaches the practice of ‘Raja Yoga’ Meditation (also known as ‘Sahaj Marg’ or ‘Heartfulness Meditation’).
- It was set up by Ram Chandra of Shahjahanpur (1899-1983) also known as Babuji.
- Its present headquarters at Kanha Shanti Vana, Kanha village near Hyderabad, Telangana
- SRCM is an NGO recognized by the United Nations Department of Public Information (UNDPI).
Recent Related News:
i.On December 21, 2020, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually addressed the 6th India-Japan SAMVAD Conference.
About Shri Ram Chandra Mission (SRCM):
President – Kamlesh D. Patel
Headquarters -Hyderabad , Telangana