Infrastructure plays a pivotal role in the development of any country and India is no exception. With a view to get the country on a fast track growth and development, the NDA Govt has come up with a Highways project that will ensure our highways without railway crossings, the Setu Bharatam Project.
SETU BHARATAM PROJECT
- Budget : Rs. 50,800 cr
- Target year for completion: 2019
- 208 Railway crossings will be done away with and replaced by Rail Over Bridges (ROBs) at an estimated cost of Rs. 20,800 cr.
- 1500 bridges of the British era will be overhauled at a cost of Rs. 30,000 cr across India
- The Indian Bridge Management System has been introduced to map all 1,50,000 bridges across the country. It will use Space Technology for gradation of Bridges on the basis of information like age, longitude, latitude, material and design.
- Union Minister of Road, Transport and Railways: Shri Nitiin Gadkari
- MoS for the Road, Transport, Highways and Shipping : Shri Pon. Radhakrishnan