Prime Minister (PM) of India, Narendra Modi inaugurated and dedicated various development projects worth around Rs7500 crore in Shirdi, Maharashtra on 26th October, 2023.
- He also inaugurated the 37th National Games which were scheduled to hold in Panaji, Goa.
- PM launched “Namo Shetkari Mahasanman Nidhi Yojana”
- PM Modi Dedicates Left Bank Canal Network of Nilwande Dam
The event in Maharashtra was attended by Governor of Maharashtra, Shri Ramesh Bais, CM (Chief Minister) of Maharashtra, Shri Eknath Shinde and Deputy CM (Chief Minister) of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis and Ajit Pawar.
PM launched “Namo Shetkari Mahasanman Nidhi Yojana”
PM launched the “Namo Shetkari Mahasanman Nidhi Yojana” which aims to benefit more than 86 Lakh beneficiaries of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana in Maharashtra by providing them additional Rs 6000 per year.
- PM also mentioned that under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme till now, small farmers received 2.6 Lakh thousand crore including Rs 26,000 crore for the small farmers of Maharashtra.
PM Modi Dedicates Left Bank Canal Network of Nilwande Dam
PM dedicated to the nation 85 Km long, Left bank canal network of the Nilwande Dam is also called as Upper Pravara dam. It is developed at a cost Rs 5177 crore. The idea of Nilwande Dam was first conceived in 1970.
It will provide distribution network of piped water which will benefit 7 tehsils of Nashik and Ahmednagar, Maharashtra.
PM Modi laid foundation stone of multiple projects worth Rs 7500 crore in Maharashtra
PM Modi inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of various development projects worth about Rs 7500 crore in sectors like health, rail, road, oil and gas in Shirdi, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra.
He inaugurated several development projects including:
i.Ayush Hospital at Ahmednagar Civil Hospital.
ii.The Electrification of the Kurduwadi-Latur road railway section.
iii.3rd and 4th railway line connecting Jalgaon to Bhusaval.
iv.4 laning of Sangli to Borgaon section of NH-166(Package-I).
v.Additional facilities at Manmad Terminal of Indian Oil Corporation Limited.
Among the other projects inaugurated and dedicated to the nation are: The left bank canal network of the Nilwande dam and launched the Namo Shetkari Mahasanman Nidhi Yojana.
He laid the foundation stone of the Maternal and Child Wing at Ahmednagar Civil Hospital and also distributed Ayushman cards and Svamitva cards to the beneficiaries.
37th National Games in Goa
Hon’ble PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the 37th National Games in an official ceremony held at Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium, Margao, and Goa on 26th October, 2023. PM emphasized on various initiative and programme that will help to transform sports in India like: Khelo India Programme and TOPS (Target, Olympic Podium Scheme). Goa is hosting its 1st ever National Games. The Games are scheduled to be held from 26th October to 9th November, 2023.
Key Facts about: 37th National Games
- More than 10,000 athletes from across the nation will participate in over 43 sports discipline across 28 venues.
- Various new sports discipline will mark their debut at 37th National Games are: Beach Football, Roll ball, Golf, Spaktakraw, Squay martial arts, Kalliyarapattu and pencak silat.
- In order to promote regional sports culture and tradition, sports of Lagori (Karnataka) and Gatka (Punjab) have been included as demonstration sports.
- Taekwondo and Yachting games will mark their return in National Games after being excluded from the previous edition of National Games.
- Motto: the motto for the 37th National Games of India is “Get Set Goa”.
- Although the venues of entire Sports event are in Goa, except Sports event like: Golf and Cycling will be conducted in Delhi.
Chief Minister: Shri Eknath Shinde
Governor: Shri Ramesh Bais
National Park: Tadoba National Park, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Chandoli National Park
Airport: Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport(Mumbai, Maharashtra)
Dance Form: Dangari Gaja, Bohada and Lavani
Chief Minister: Pramod Sawant
Governor: P.S. Sreedharan Pillai
National Park: Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary, Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary, Anshi National Park
Airport: Manohar International Airport(Mopa, North Goa)
Dance Form: Dhalo, Fugdi, Kunbi