Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually addressed the 4th Global Ayurveda Festival 2021 (GAF 2021), the largest Ayurvedic event held anywhere across the world. The event is held in a virtual format is organized by the Centre for Innovation in Science and Social Action (CISSA) from March 12-19, 2021. The Festival aims to popularize Ayurveda & Traditional forms of Medicine.
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) is the industry partner. Invest India was the Strategic Investment Facilitation Partner.
- Chairman of GAF 2021 – V Muraleedharan (Union Minister of State for External Affairs and Parliamentary Affairs).
- Around 25 Countries participated in the event.
- The event was originally scheduled to be held in Angamaly, Kerala in May 2020 but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- International Ayurveda Seminar 2021 was organized with the Focal Theme : Strengthening Host Defence System –Ayurveda A Potential Promise.
- International Delegate Assembly 2021 was held with the Theme: Globalizing Ayurveda – Scope, Challenges and Solutions International Business Meet 2021 was held with the Theme: Global Ayurveda Pharmacy – Practices, Possibilities and Policies.
Key Points from PM’s address
- Working to strengthen educational systems and facilitating the enforcement of quality control of Ayurveda, Siddha Unani & Homoeopathy drugs.
- National AYUSH Mission has been started for promoting AYUSH medical systems.
- India’s policy regarding Ayurveda & other Indian systems of medicine is aligned with Traditional Medicine Strategy 2014-23 of WHO.
- WHO has also proposed the setting up of the Global Centre for Traditional Medicine in India.
- He highlighted the UN’s decision to declare 2023 as ‘International Year of Millets’.
Recent Related News:
i.On September 15, 2020, the 4th edition of Global Ayurveda Summit was virtually inaugurated by Vice-President Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu on the theme “Emerging Opportunities for Ayurveda during Pandemic”.
About Centre for Innovation in Science and Social Action (CISSA):
President – G G Gangadharan
Location – Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala