Prime Minister Narendra Modi concluded his 2 day tour of Uttar Pradesh from July 28-29th 2018. he was welcomed by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh. This is Modi’s 5th visit in the past one month to Uttar Pradesh.
PM launched 81 projects worth Rs 60,000 crore
- The Prime Minister inaugurated 81 investment projects worth Rs 60,000 crore in Lucknow.
- Eighty industrialists, including major firms such as Birla, Reliance and Adani, attended the ceremony alongside Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
- Among that, 51 per cent of the investment has been pledged to Pashachimanchal, 27 per cent in Madhayanchal and Bundelkhand and 22 per cent in the eastern region of the state.
- These projects are part of over 1,045 MoUs worth Rs. 4.28 lakh crore inked in February during the ‘UP Investors Summit’.
- This will help the state government create more than 2.1 lakh direct jobs.
PM laid foundation of Mobile Open Exchange Zone at WTC Noida
- The Prime Minister laid the foundation of India’s first Mobile Open Exchange Zone (MOX) at World Trade Centre, Noida.
- This is a part of an MoU with World Trade Center, Noida, to develop a ‘tech zone’ .
- MoX in Techzone will provide an integrated platform to manufacturers, research and other allied industries.
As a part of the Tech Zone, a 35-acre Samsung Electronics expanded facility in Noida was inaugurated which would be world’s largest mobile phone production unit.
- Modi laid the foundation stones and inaugurated 99 urban development projects for Uttar Pradesh worth Rs 3,897 crore.
- He attended the two-day ‘Transforming Urban Landscape’ convention.
- The event marked the third anniversary of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban); the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation of Urban Transformation (AMRUT); and the Smart Cities Mission.
Achievements addressed of UP:
- Uttar Pradesh is now among Top 5 in Ease Of Doing Business.
- UP will soon become a trillion dollar economy.