On September 22, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the states of Odisha and Chhattisgarh.
Visit to Odisha:
i. On September 22, 2018, PM Modi visited Odisha.
ii. On his visit he did the following:
- He inaugurated and revived the Talcher Fertilizer Plant located at Talcher, Angul district in Odisha. It will start production in 36 months.
- It is a Rs 13,000 crore-project that would for the first time see coal being converted into gas for use as a feedstock and for producing neem-coated urea.
- He inaugurated local Jharsuguda airport (renamed after noted freedom fighter Veer Surendra Sai) worth Rs.210 crores which will work under the regional air connectivity UDAN Scheme. It is the second airport located in Jharsuguda, western Odisha.
- It has been developed by the Airports Authority of India, in collaboration with Govt. of Odisha with a contribution of Rs. 75 Crores from the State Govt.
- Additionally, other than Jharsuguda, three more airports, namely, Jeypore in Koraput District, Rourkela in Sundargarh District and Utkela in Kalahandi District are being developed to provide connectivity with Rs. 370 crore under the Regional Connectivity Scheme.
- He inaugurated the Jharsuguda-Barapali-Sardega rail link. It is the first rail link in the tribal area of Odisha which will link Sundargarh internally with the rest of the country.
- He dedicated the Garjanbahal coal mines to the nation and marked the commencement of coal production and transportation from Dulanga coal mines
- Under Ayushman Bharat scheme the centre would open wellness centre in village panchayats of the state and 5 new medical colleges.
- Rs 570 crore has been provided to open medical colleges in Balasore, Bolangir, Koraput, Puri and Rourkela.
- Also, Rs 360 crore have been given for the technological advancement of current medical colleges in Cuttack, Burla and Bahrampur.
- Construction of super speciality hospitals in Talcher and Sundergarh are underway.
♦ Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik.
♦ Governor: Prof. Ganeshi Lal.
♦ Lakes : Chilika Lake, Kanjia Lake, Anshupa Lake, Balimela Reservoir.
♦ Dams: Rengali Dam, Kala dam, Pitamahal Dam, Kansbahal Dam, Tikhali Dam, Deras Dam, Salia Dam, Ghodahada Dam, Kuanria Dam.
♦ Festivals: Kalinga Mahotsav, Chandan Yatra, Durga Puja, Konark Dance Festival, Rath Yatra, Deepabali, Kumar Purnima.
Visit to Chhattisgarh:
On September 22, 2018, PM Modi reached Chhattisgarh.
i. It was his sixth visit to the state in four years.
ii. On his visit, the following happened:
- He participated in Janjgir Champa in Chhattisgarh for a farmers rally.
- PM Modi inaugurated two projects of National Highway Authority of India in Chhattisgarh. These were four-lane roads between Bilaspur-Pathrapali and another between Sargaon-Bilaspur.
- He laid foundation stone for the Rs 1697.79 crore Bilaspur-Anuppur Third Rail Track Project in Bilaspur-Anuppur section of South East Central Railway.
- The 152 km rail route runs for 119.55 km in Chhattisgarh and 32.45 km in Madhya Pradesh.
♦ Chief Minister: Raman Singh.
♦ Governor: Anandiben Patel.
♦ National Parks: Indravati National Park, Kanger Ghati National Park, Sitanadi National Park.
♦ Chhattisgarh’s new capital Naya Raipur to be named Atal Nagar.
♦ Festivals: Bastar Dussera, Champaran Mela, Chhattisgarh Foundation Day (1st November), Bastar Lokotsav.