PM Modi was in Russia for two days to attend the annual India-Russia Summit in Moscow with Russian President Vladimir Putin to further strengthen the already close bilateral strategic partnership.
- The two countries signed memorandums of understanding (MOU) on technical cooperation in the railway sector, building solar energy plants in India, investment cooperation in Russia’s Far East.
HERE IS THE LIST OF 16 PACTS
- Amending the agreement between the GOI and Russia on simplification of requirements for mutual travels of certain categories of citizens of the two countries
- Protocol amending agreement between the GOI and Russia on mutual travel regime for holders of Diplomatic & Official Passports
- Cooperation in the field of Helicopter Engineering – It includes manufacturing of 226 military helicopters and construction of 12 atomic plants with involvement of local companies in India.
- Combating Customs violations in 2015 – 2017
- Localization of Manufacturing in India for Russian-Designed Nuclear Reactor Unit – Programme of action agreed between Department of Atomic Energy of India and Russian State Atomic Energy Corporation “Rosatom”.
- Technical cooperation in railway sector – It has been inked between the Ministry of Railways and the Joint Stock Company “Russian Railways”.
- Construction of solar energy plants in India – It has been agreed between Solar Energy Corporation of India and Russian Energy Agency.
- Development of Centre of Excellence for heavy engineering design at HEC (Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited) – It has been signed between HEC & CNIITMASH
- Upgradation and modernization of HEC’s manufacturing facilities – Inked between HEC & CNIITMASH
- Cooperation in the field of Broadcasting – It has been signed between Prasar Bharati and Digital Television Russia
- Tripartite MoU between Centre for Development of Advance Computing (C-DAC), Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (IISc) and Lomonosov Moscow State University (MSU)
- Tripartite MoU between Centre for Development of Advance Computing (C-DAC), OJSC “GLONASS” and GLONASS Union
- Investment cooperation in the Russian Far East – It has been signed between Tata Power Company Limited and Ministry for Development of the Russian Far East
- Cooperation for geologic survey, exploration and production of hydrocarbons onshore and on the continental shelf of the Russian Federation
- Cooperation for geologic survey, exploration and production of hydrocarbons onshore the Russian Federation between Rosneft oil company, Oil India Limited and Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Confirmation of successful completion of the first stage pre-completion actions in relation to the creation of a Joint Venture in JSC VankorNeft
Reliance Defence signs $6 billion pact with Russian arms firm
Reliance Defence had signed a manufacturing and maintenance deal potentially worth $6 billion with Russia’s Almaz-Antey, the maker of an air defence system.
- Earlier GOI had cleared the purchase of five S-400 air defence systems that are estimated to cost about $4.5 billion in a bid to modernize the country’s defences against airborne attacks.
NaMo ATTENDED 16th INDO-RUSSIA ANNUAL SUMMIT
As part of the 16th annual India-Russia Summit, Mr. Modi and Mr. Putin held a one-on-one meeting in Moscow.
- In this regard, ways to expand economic cooperation between the two countries were explored aiming to take the current bilateral annual trade of $ 10 billion to $30 billion in the next 10 years.
NaMo VISIT TO STATE-OF-THE-ART CRISIS MANAGEMENT CENTRE
Modi has visited Russia’s premier crisis management centre which deals with emergency situations and ensures coordination among various relevant agencies.
- It is named as National Crisis Management Centre (NCMC) aka EMERCOM the short form of Emergency Control Ministry.
RUSSIA’s GIFT TO INDIA
Putin gifts Mahatma’s notes, Indian sword to Modi
A page from Mahatma Gandhi’s diary containing his handwritten notes and an 18th century sword from Bengal has been presented to Prime Minister Narendra Modi by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Russia Capital – Moscow
Russia Currency – Russian ruble