- After successful visit of two central Asian countries Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan Prime minister Narendra Modi has reached Russia on his 3 days trip.
- He is going to attend 7th BRICS summit and Shanghai Cooperation Organization summits in Ufa, Russia.
- First he is going to attend the BRICS summit for 2 days where five nations- Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa are going to participate.
Main agenda on BRICS discussion:-
- Theme:-powerful factor for Global Development
- To enhance the economic cooperation.
- To create a currency pool under Contingent Reserve Arrangement (CRA) in order to reduce the monopoly of global transaction though western currencies.
- CRA to handle all financial risk of the member countries.
- Discussion on new development bank.(NDB)
- Currency swap on member countries.
- India plays as the most important country in BRICS
- BRICS also has a very crucial role of maintaining world peace and security and ensuring leaving behind a better planet for the future generations.
Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Summits:-
- 6 nations (China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan) membered SCO summit, along with India and Pakistan is going to be held on 9-10 July.
- India’s membership along with Pakistan will be confirmed by next year as per the info given by Russia officials making SCO as 8-membered countries.
- Modi expected to meet China president Xi Jinping and Pakistan counterpart Nawaz Sharif during the summit.
- The meeting is expected to be regarding peaceful bilateral relationship, counter- terrorism cooperation, cooperation in energy sector, enhancing trade and dealing with drug trafficking.
- Apart from these India and Pakistan are expected to discuss about bilateral relations, releasing of fishermen on occasion of ramzan.
- India and china too expected to have a meeting on bilateral ties and India’s unhappiness over Beijing constructing an economic corridor with Pakistan passing through PoK , although India has expressed concerns over China’s recent decision to block action against Pakistan in the UN over release of Mumbai attack mastermind Zaki-ur Rehman Lakhvi.