While Narendra Modi’s visit to Ufa, Russia for 7th BRICS Summit, he proposed an initiative called “Das Kadam: Ten Steps for the Future” on 9 July 2015 for the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) members so that these five members have closer cooperation and coordination.
These 10 steps include:
- BRICS Trade Fair
- BRICS Railway Research Center
- Cooperation Among Supreme Audit Institutions
- BRICS Digital Initiative
- BRICS Agricultural Research Center
- BRICS Forum of State/Local Governments
- Cooperation Among Cities in field of Urbanization
- BRICS Sports Council and Annual BRICS Sports Meet
- First Major Project of NDB (New Development Bank) to be in the field of Clean Energy
- BRICS Film Festival
BRICS first trade fair will be held under India’s chairmanship in 2016 when India will host the 8th BRICS Summit. Also BRICS Under-17 Football Tournament will be held during India’s chairmanship.