On the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day on 24th of April 2020, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Damodardas Modi has launched the Swamitva Scheme as well as an integrated e-Gram swaraj Portal & Mobile app for accelerating the pace of development in India’s villages.Key Points:
i. e-Gram swaraj Portal & Mobile app:
- The Unified Portal is a new initiative of Ministry of Panchayati Raj which will provide the Gram Panchayats with a single interface to prepare and implement their Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP).
- With the help of this Portal and app, villagers of the country will be able to keep all kinds of information on their smartphones. This is being seen as the beginning of digitization of panchayats.
- The information of the Gram Panchayats, their functioning will be available to the villagers. This will bring transparency and will also speed up the work of completing projects.
ii.Swamitva (which means Ownership) Scheme:
- The scheme provides an integrated property validation solution for rural India.
- It uses drones in mapping of properties in villages. This will end confusion and quarrels over property. This will help in planning development works in the village. Apart from this, like in cities, now people will be able to take loans from banks even in villages.
- It has been developed by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj in collaboration with Survey of India and State Panchayati Raj Department, State Revenue Department, using the latest drone based survey technology.
- It was launched in pilot mode in 6 states of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Haryana and Uttarakhand. After this it will be implemented in every village of the country.
About Ministry of Panchayati Raj:
Headquarters– New Delhi
Union Minister– Narendra Singh Tomar