Indian Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi on Tuesday 26th May 2015, launched a television channel DD Kisan at a function held in Vigyan Bhawan for rural India and it is expected to bridge the informations gap in agriculture by bringing programmes for farmers on global trends in crop planting and prices to make better choices.
- PM Modi said that the 24-hour DD Kisan channel would be of great help to the farmers access better technology, informations regarding weather and crop prices and would in productivity of agriculture .
- According to Mr. Modi, the lands are not growing but population is growing and the only solution is to increase productivity in agriculture and India must set a goal to increase productivity to come in par with global averages and the access to technology and practices can be utilized for that.
- Efforts of progressive farmers can be highlighted for their innovations to be replicated all over India.
- The new DD Kisan channel comes at a time when rural India is going through worst crop seasons battered by harsh weather and fall in the prices of rice, wheat, cotton,potatoes etc.
- The launch of the new channel coincides with NDA OR National Democratic Alliance completing one year in office.
- BJP led NDA government accused of not helping farmers much,has also been named anti-farmer by opposition parties for pushing a land acquisition bill that seeks to make it easier for the businesses to get land.
- Along with the monthly show ” Mann Ki Batt” in All India Radio(AIR) , DD Kisan channel would be another medium for PM Modi to communicate with rural India.
- 100crores have been alloted by the government for this new DD Kisan chanel and would focus on 140 million farm households in India.
- Compared to state broadcasters Doordarshan programme called as ” Krishi Darshan” launched in 1967 , this DD Kisan would be far ahead in its content and quality.
- Programmes such as”Ket Khaliyan for better agronomic practice a farmer can use, live programme ‘Hello Kisan”, interactive show ”GhumtePhirte” are present in the newly launched channel.
About Doordarshan DD
- It is autonomous India’s central government founded public service broadcaster.
- Launched on 15th September 1959.
- Headquarters is New delhi.
- Krishi Darshan was first programe telecasted on DD.
- In the year 1982, National telecasts were introduced.
- Director General DD is Vijayalaxmi Chhabra.
About All India Radio AIR
- It is national public radio broadcaster of India.
- Its also known as Akashavani.
- Head quarters is in New Delhi.
- Established in year 1930.