The ‘Aatma Nirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge’ for Indian tech entrepreneurs and startups was launched by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, with an objective to support and build Aatmanirbhar App Ecosystem.Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (Meity) in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) launched the challenge & will regulate the challenge.
Tracks in run:
- Track 1- Promotion of existing Apps: works in mission mode for identifying quality apps for leaderboard and completed in a month.
It is launched under 8 broad categories:
Office Productivity & Work from Home, Social Networking, E-Learning, Entertainment, health and wellness, Business including Agritech and Fin tech, News and Games.
- Track 2- Development of new apps: initiative works to create new champions in India by providing support in ideation, incubation, prototyping and roll out along with market access.
- The app innovation challenge launched to identify the best Indian Apps that are already being used by citizens and having potential to scale and become world class.
- The innovation challenge is available on: innovate.mygov.in/app, from 4th July 2020. The late date for entries is 18th July 2020.
- The applicants need to apply online to submit their proposals by registering and logging on to the MyGov portal – www.mygov.in.
- The Government will adopt suitable apps, guide them to maturity and list on Government e-Marketplace (GeM).
- The key evaluation parameters include ease of use, Robustness, Security and Scalability.
Reason behind launching the Challenge:
The challenge was launched because India has banned the 59 Chinese app recently & through this challenge the govt. is trying to create a local app ecosystem and replace the banned Chinese apps in respective segments.
About Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (Meity):
Union Minister – Ravi Shankar Prasad (Constituency – Patna Sahib(Bihar))
Minister of State (E&IT) – Shri Sanjay Dhotre