The inaugural conclave of Shikshak Parv 2021 was addressed by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi through video conferencing on 7 September, during which PM Modi has launched various schemes in the education sector under Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav(75th Anniversary of Indian Independence) such as Indian Sign Language Dictionary, Vidyanjali 2.0, NISHTHA 3.0, Talking Books and School Quality Assessment and Assurance Framework (SQAAF).
Shikshak Parv 2021
It is being celebrated from September 5 to 17, 2021 by the Ministry of Education in order to recognise the contributions of teachers in the formulation of National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
- The theme of the ‘Shikshak Parv-2021’ is “Quality and Sustainable Schools: Learnings from Schools in India”.
Schemes Launched during inaugural conclave:
1.Indian Sign Language Dictionary
- The dictionary is launched by Indian Sign Language Research and Training centre of DPwD and has 10,000 words in it.
- The audio and text embedded video is for easy access of children and persons with hearing impairments.
- It was developed based on UDL (Universal Design of Learning)
- Vidyanjali is a portal initiated by the Ministry of Education, Government of India for facilitating education volunteers, donors or CSR contributors for school development.
- It is a platform for the country’s determination of ‘Sabka Prayas’ with ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas’.
3.NISHTHA 3.0 for NIPUN Bharat
NCERT in collaboration with States / UTs and autonomous bodies under Ministry of Education(MoE), Ministry of Defence (MoD) and Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) (CBSE, KVS, NVS, CTSA, AEES, Sainik School, CICSE etc) have initiated the NISHTHA (National Initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement) online Integrated Teacher Training programme for different stages of school education.
- NISHTHA 1.0 for Elementary level (Class I-VIII)
- NISHTHA 2.0 for Secondary level (Class IX-XII)
- NISHTHA 3.0 for NIPUN Bharat (ECCE to Class V)
4.Talking Books (audiobooks for the visually impaired)
- The country is making technology like Talking Books and Audiobooks a part of education.
5.School Quality Assessment and Assurance Framework (SQAAF) of CBSE
It addresses the deficiency of the absence of a common scientific framework for dimensions like curricula, pedagogy, assessment, infrastructure, inclusive practices and governance process.
Key Points from PM’s Address
- National Digital Architecture i.e. N-DEAR will play a major role in eradicating inequality in education and its modernization and also will act as a ‘super-connect’ between various academic activities like the UPI interface in the banking sector.
- PM Modi has asked the Olympians and Paralympians to visit at least 75 schools (to mark Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav) and meet the students in order to encourage them to pursue sports in their future.
About Ministry of Education(MoE):
Union Minister– Dharmendra Pradhan (Rajya Sabha- Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of State– Annpurna Devi (Kodarma- Jharkhand); Subhas Sarkar (Bankura- West Bengal); Rajkumar Ranjan Singh (Inner Manipur- Manipur)