Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a 230 beddedShri Mata Vaishno Devi Narayana Super specialty Hospital in Katra in Jammu and Kashmir.
- For the hospital operation the board has entered into an agreement with Narayana Hrudayalaya Ltd, Bangalore that operates 32 hospitals across the country.
- This hospital is offering diagnosis and treatment in more than 20 different streams of medicine and surgery, it also has state of the art dialysis unit.
- On preparatory basis, free of cost OPD services and diagnostic test facilities have been made operational at the hospital.It will offer free OPD consultation to all patients till July 7.
- The hospital is fitted out with computerized diagnostic and treatment facilities including Linear Accelerator, Brachy Therapy, Gamma Camera, MRI, CT Scan, and Bronchotherapy.
Various Streams in the Hospital:
- These streams include cardiology, cardio-thoracic surgery, neurology, neuro-surgery, nephrology, urology, oncology, pulmonology, bone-marrow transplant, gastroenterology, orthopedics, trauma-medicine, pediatrics and neonatology, obstetrics and gynecology.
- Apart from this, the hospital will also have two well-equipped Critical Care Ambulences and two mobile units.
- The buildings hospital has a floor area of 2.54 lakh sqft and another 67 lakh sqft for residential accommodation of doctors, nurses, paramedics and ancillary staff, separately from a guest house for visiting doctors.
- The Hospital named as Mata Vaishno Devi Narayana Super Specialty Hospital it has been constructed at the cost of Rs 300 crore on a sprawling 80 hectares.