On November 23, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 5th Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS) in New Delhi. India is hosting the Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS) for the first time. This two-day event is one of the world’s largest conferences in the field of Cyber Space and related issues.
Highlights of 5th Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS):
Theme of the 5th GCCS was ‘Cyber4All: A Secure and Inclusive Cyberspace for Sustainable Development’.
- 6 oldest Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) were among academic partners of 5th GCCS and Indian public sector banks, State Bank of India (SBI) and Punjab National Bank (PNB) were among the sponsors of this event.
- Goal of 5th GCCS: “to promote an inclusive Cyber Spacewith focus on policies and frameworks for inclusivity, sustainability, development, security, safety & freedom, technology and partnerships for upholding digital democracy, maximizing collaboration for strengthening security and safety and advocating dialogue for digital diplomacy”.
- International leaders, policymakers, industry experts, think tanks and cyber experts from 123 countries participated in this conference.
- Various sessions focusing on different aspects of cyber space were held during the course of this two-day event which were addressed by eminent speakers including Secretary General, International Telecommunication Union, Houlin Zhao, Chairman and MD of Reliance Industries, Mr. Mukesh Ambani and Founder and Chairman of Bharti Enterprises, Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal.
- Union External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj delivered the keynote address in the Valedictory function on November 24, 2017.
Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS):
|GCCS Conference||Year||Held in|
|1st (Inception)||2011||London, UK|
|3rd||2013||Seoul, South Korea|
|5th||2017||New Delhi, India|
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification