Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated ‘Azadi@75 – New Urban India: Transforming Urban Landscape’ Conference-cum-Expo in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, on October 05, 2021.
- During the expo, the Prime Minister virtually handed over keys of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U) houses to 75,000 beneficiaries in 75 districts of Uttar Pradesh.
- He laid the foundation stone of 75 Urban Development Projects of Uttar Pradesh under Smart Cities Mission and AMRUT.
- He also flagged off 75 buses under FAME-II for seven cities including Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi, Prayagraj, Gorakhpur, Jhansi and Ghaziabad.
i.As many as 1.13 crore housing units have been constructed in the cities and more than 50 lakh houses have already been built and handed over to the poor.
ii.The Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) Act has law that has helped and empowered all stakeholders to invest without any fraudulent activities.
iii.The Urban bodies are also saving about Rs 1000 crore every year by installing LED street lights.
About Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister- Yogi Adityanath
Airports-Shravasti Airport, Bareilly Airport, Aligarh Airport
PM addresses at Indian Pavilion
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the crowd at the India pavilion on the opening day of the Expo 2020 Dubai.The theme of India’s pavilion is openness, opportunity and growth.
- He referred to India as the land of opportunities and also called upon the world to invest in the country.
- At the Expo, India’s pavilion will be representing 11 key themes, including climate and biodiversity, space, urban and rural development, tolerance and inclusivity, golden jubilee, knowledge and learning, travel and connectivity, global goals, health and wellness, food agriculture and livelihoods and water.
About Dubai Expo 2020
It is a World Expo, hosted by Dubai in the United Arab Emirates from 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
About United Arab Emirates (UAE)
President- Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Capital- Abu Dhabi
Currency- United Arab Emirates dirham
EaseMyTrip partners with Indian Pavilion to send 50k Indian to Expo
Online travel firm EaseMyTrip has partnered with the Indian Pavilion at the Dubai Expo 2020 to send across 50,000 people to the events there from India.
- As a part of this partnership, EaseMyTrip will also undertake various online and offline initiatives to promote the event in India.
PM virtually inaugurates CIPET
Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering and Technology (CIPET), located in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- He also laid the foundation stone of a medical college each in Banswara, Dausa, Hanumangarh and Sirohi districts of Rajasthan.