Asia’s largest solar power project: Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project in Madhya Pradesh is inaugurated by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, through video conferencing.
About Solar Plant:
- The 750 MW ultra-solar power plant spread over 1,590 acres.
- It comprises three solar generating units of 250MW each located on 500 hectare land inside the 1500 hectare solar plant.
- It was developed by Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited (RUMSL), a joint venture of MadhyaPradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (MPUVN) and Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
- RUMSL has been provided with Rs 138 crore financial assistance by the Centre for the development of the park.
- It reduces emission equivalent to 15 lakh tonne of carbon dioxide per year.
- It breaks the grid parity barrier.
- It is a renewable energy project to supply energy to customers outside the state.
- The Delhi Metro will get 24% of energy from the project, and the 76% will be supplied to state DISCOMs of Madhya Pradesh.
Recognitions to Project:
- The Rewa Solar Power project recieved the World Bank Group President’s Award.
- It was included in the book titled “A Book of Innovation: New Beginnings” released by Prime Minister .
About Madhya Pradesh:
Chief Minister- Shivraj Singh Chauhan