Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the three-day (10th–12th September) 10th Vishwa Hindi Sammelan (World Hindi Conference) at Lal Parade Ground, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
Theme – “Hindi Jagat: Vistar evam Sambhavnai” (World of Hindi: Expansion and Scope).
Aim – World Hindi conferences aim at universal recognition of Hindi as a language of not only literature but also a language that is capable of adapting itself to modern science and technology.
Conference is organised by Ministry of External Affairs in cooperation with the Madhya Pradesh government. Amitabh Bachchan, the brand ambassador of Gujarat, will arrive at concluding ceremony.
(Madhya Pradesh CM – Shivraj Singh Chouhan)
Facts about World Hindi Conference
- Concept of organising Vishwa Hindi Sammelan was born in 1973 at Wardha, Maharshtra
- Organised for the first time in Nagpur, Maharashtra in 1975.
- Delhi hosted it for the second time in 1983.
- 9th World Hindi Conference held in Johannesburg, South Africa in September 2012
- After 32 years conference is being held for the third time in the country.
- The four main sessions held on 10th World Hindi Meet were:
- “Videsh Niti Mein Hindi” (use of Hindi in India’s foreign policy)
- Use of Hindi in administration;
- Use of Hindi in science; and
- Use of Hindi in information and technology.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification