On October 12 ,2019 the Prime Minister(PM) of India Shri Narendra Modi chaired the meeting on ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ programme in New Delhi. The programme aims at enhancing interaction between people of different cultures from all the states and Union Territories(UT).Key points
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- It is a personal initiative of PM Modi, highlighting India’s cultural diversity in unity and also aims to develop perspective on important issues and help in celebrating the nation’s regional culture.
- The programme was first announced during the RashtriyaEkta Divas on October 31, 2015 on the 140th birth anniversary of Sardarvallabhaipatel, the first deputy prime minister of India who worked for the nation’s unity.
- Initiative on Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat was announced by the then finance minister Shri ArunJaitley during the 2016-17 budget speech.
10th ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat inaugurated
The 10th edition of the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM) aka National Cultural Festival under the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat was inaugurated on October 14, 2019, in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh (MP) by the MP governor Shri Lalji Tandon in presence of Culture and Tourism minister Prahlad Singh Patel. The festival is organised for the second time in MP by culture ministry and will be held until October 21, 2019. The theme of the fest is “Mati Ke Lal”.
- Places of RSM celebration: In Madhya Pradesh, the festival will be conducted in cities of Jabalpur during 14 – 15 October 2019, Sagar from 16 – 17th October, 19 and Rewa from 20 – 21st October 2019.
- Previous editions: The First Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav was held in November-2015. A total of 9 editions have been held so far, 2 each in Delhi and 2 in Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, RSM North East, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
- Artists in the festival: Renowned Indian artists like Suresh Wadkar, Pandit Vishwa Mohan Bhatt etc were invited to perform in the main stage. All facets of Indian culture will be showcased during the fest.
- Members present during inauguration: Shri Faggan Singh Kulaste, The Union Minister of State for Steel;ShriLakhanGhanghoria, Minister for Social welfare and Tribal Affairs of MP govt; Member of Parliament ( Lok Sabha) Jabalpur, Shri Rakesh Singh; Member of Parliament ( Rajya Sabha), Shri VivekTankha; Mayor of Jablapur, Dr Swati Godbole; Secretary Ministry of Culture , Shri ArunGoel; Joint Secretary, Ministry of Culture, SmtAmita Prasad Sarbhai and All 7 Directors of Zonal Culture Centres were present during the inauguration of the ceremony.
About Madhya Pradesh:
Chief minster- Kamal Nath.