On April 14, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Chhattisgarh for two-day state visit. During the course of this visit, he will launch various welfare schemes.
PM Modi to inaugurate first health centre under Ayushman Bharat Scheme
On April 14, 2018, on the occasion of Ambedkar Jayanti, Prime Minister Modi launched first of 1.5 lakh health and wellness centres, planned under the recently launched Ayushman Bharat Scheme, at Jangla village in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh.
- Ayushman Bharat Scheme was approved by the Union Cabinet on March 21, 2018 with budgetary support of Rs 10500 crore.
- Under this scheme, Government has set a target to set up 1.5 lakh wellness centres by 2022 to deliver comprehensive primary healthcare. Other component of this scheme is to provide insurance cover to most deprived Indian population.
PM Modi to visit Jangala Development Hub
During the course of this visit, PM Modi will be visiting Bijapur district’s Jangala Development Hub, situated in a panchayat that has emerged as a model panchayat.
- Here, PM will be interacting with people and local ‘Champions of Change’ including officials of the district administration.
- It is to be noted that, despite this place being at the epicentre of Left Wing Extremism, it has performed very well, especially post the launch of Aspirational District programme on January 5, 2018.
Other Highlights of PM Modi’s Chhattisgarh visit:
PM Modi has become first Indian Prime Minister to visit tribal district Bijapur, which was till now considered as one of the most backward regions of India.
- During this visit, PM Modi inaugurated Van Dhan Yojana aimed at empowering tribal communities.
- He also flagged off a train between Dalli Rajhara and Bhanupratappur and thereby dedicating the Bhanupratappur-Gudum railway line to the nation.
- Besides, he inaugurated a dialysis centre at the Bijapur hospital.
Quick Facts about Chhattisgarh:
♦ Capital – Naya Raipur
♦ Current Governor – Balram Das Tandon
♦ Current Chief Minister – Raman Singh
♦ Important National Park – Guru Ghasidas National Park