On 24th March 2023, Narendra Modi, Prime Minister (PM) of India, laid the foundation stone and dedicated development projects worth more than Rs. 1780 crores in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh(UP) during the programme organised at Sampurnanand Sanskrit University ground.
- This is in line with the efforts towards transforming the landscape of Varanis and enhance the ease of living for the people living in Varanasi and adjoining cities.
During his visit, He also participated in the “One World TB Summit” organised as a part of the World TB Day(24th March 2023) at Rudrakash Convention Centre in Varanasi, UP.
PM Modi laid the foundation stone of the Passenger Ropeway from Varanasi Cantt station to Godowlia in Varanasi.
- The estimated cost of the projects is around Rs 645 crores.
- The 3.75 kilometer(Km) ropeway system with 5 stations will facilitate the ease of movement for tourists, pilgrims and residents of Varani.
Sewage treatment plant:
PM Modi laid the foundation stone for a 55 Minimal Liquid Discharge (MLD) sewage treatment plant at Bhagwanpur under Namami Ganga Scheme.
- The project will be built at a cost of Rs 300 crores.
Redevelopment of Sigra Stadium:
PM Modi laid the foundation stone for the Phase 2 and 3 of the redevelopment work of Sigra Stadium under Khelo India Scheme.
- He also interacted with the winners of the Khelo Banaras competition during the event.
- He also mentioned about a new sporting facilities for the youth of Banaras during his address and informed that an International cricket stadium is set to be established in Varanasi.
LPG bottling plant:
PM laid the foundation stone of the Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) bottling plant at Isarwar village, Sewapuri. The plant is set to be built by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited.
- The LPG bottling plant will benefit the beneficiaries and fulfill the demands for gas cylinders in Eastern Uttar Pradesh and Western Bihar.
Drinking water schemes:
i.Under the Jal Jeevan Mission, the Prime Minister dedicated 19 drinking water schemes, which will benefit more than 3 lakh people in 63 Gram Panchayats.
ii.Prime Minister also laid the foundation stone of 59 drinking water schemes under the Mission. To strengthen the rural drinking water system,
i.PM also laid the foundation stone of various other projects including a primary health centre in Bharthara village, and floating jetty with changing rooms, among others.
ii.He also dedicated an integrated pack house in Karkhiyaon for grading, sorting and processing of fruits and vegetables.
iii.He also various projects under the Varanasi Smart City Mission, which includes, Redevelopment work of Rajghat and Mahmoorganj government schools; Beautification of internal city roads; and Redevelopment of 6 parks and ponds of the city.
iv.He also dedicated various infrastructure projects including Airport Traffic Control (ATC) tower at Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport; a 2 Megawatts (MW) solar power plant at water works premises, Bhelupur; an 800 kilowatt (KW) solar power plant at Konia Pumping Station; a new Community Health Center at Sarnath; infrastructure improvement of Industrial estate at Chandpur; rejuvenation of temples of Kedareshwar, Vishweshwar and Omkareshwar Khand Parikrama among others.
While addressing the event, PM Modi informed that foundation stone of the Center of Excellence(CoE) on Machine Tools Design has been laid at Banaras Hindu University (BHU) in Varanasi(UP).
About Uttar Pradesh:
Chief Minister– Yogi Adityanath
Governor– Anandiben Patel
Airport– Jhansi Airport; Moradabad Airport
UNESCO heritage sites– Fatehpur Sikri