Narendra Modi arrived at UT City Chandigarh for first time after becoming the Prime Minister.
- (Punjab CM – Parkash Singh Badal)
- (Haryana CM – Manohar Lal Khattar)
- (Governor of Punjab and Haryana – Kaptan Singh Solanki)
NEW HOUSING SCHEME INAGURATION
Prime Minister Narendra Modi hands over the keys to 10 successful allottees of the Sector 63 General Self-Financing Housing Scheme and launched a mobile application for various services and a citizen-friendly website of the Chandigarh Housing Board (CHB).It was a part of the vision “Housing for All 2022”.
Self-financing housing scheme:
A housing project under General Self Financing Housing Scheme 2008 at Sector 63 was set up by Chandigarh Housing Board. Under it, a total of 2,108 flats comprising 336 three bedroom, 888 two bedroom, 564 one bedroom and 320 EWS flats were built.
NEW CIVIL AIR TERMINAL INAGURATION
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a new terminal at Chandigarh airport, which will handle both domestic as well as international flights.
- The ambitious Rs. 939-crore project, as a “harbinger” of regional development for the northern part of the country.
- Operated and maintained by Chandigarh International Airport Ltd (CHIAL), a joint venture between Airports Authority of India (AAI) and the governments of Punjab and Haryana.
- AAI has 51 per cent stake in the project while Punjab and Haryana have 24.5 per cent equity each.
(Union Minister for Civil Aviation – P. Ashok Gajapathi Raju)
Convocation Ceremony PGIMER
The Prime Minister also attended the 34th Convocation Ceremony of the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research. PM recalled Swami Vivekananda’s address to the World Parliament of Religions in Chicago, this very day – September 11th – in 1893.
- Established in 1962
- Located in Chandigarh
- Director : Prof. Yogesh Chawla